Libby app – Read and listen to books for Free!
Beginning February 23, 2022, the Overdrive app will no longer be available for new downloads on the Apple app store, Google play, and the Microsoft store. In early 2023, the Overdrive app will be discontinued. The Clifton Forge Public virtual library will be available through the Libby app for continued access to eBooks, audiobooks, and magazines with your Clifton Forge, Va. public library card.
While current Overdrive app users may continue to use the app, we recommend switching to Libby as soon as possible for:
- Increased accessibility features
- Expanded reading and listening options
- Easy onboarding for new users
- A unified bookshelf for all loans and holds
- Support for multiple library cards
- Direct user support from OverDrive
- A best-in-class ebook reader that supports comics, magazines, and read-alongs
- Push notifications for ready holds, new magazine issues, and more
- Same look and feel on both Android and iOS devices
- Ability to export notes and highlights
- Tags to track favorite reads, wish lists, and more
- Compatibility with Apple CarPlay (Note: Android Auto is supported in both apps.)
- Sonos speaker integration
- Support for “Extras,” including streaming video services, educational courses, and more (like Universal Class!)
Kindle Fire Users
NEW: The Libby app is now available on Kindle Fire!
- Can I sync my Overdrive wish list on Libby? Yes! When you sign into the Libby app for the first time, you’ll be prompted to transfer your wish list.
- Will I still have access to the books I have on hold? Yes! All holds and checked out books are immediately transferred over.
- Read more FAQ’s