Attention, OverDrive app users! OverDrive is discontinuing the legacy OverDriveapp in early 2023 and transitioning users to the Libby app. All your loans, holds, and wish list items will be waiting for you in Libby when you add your library card. Learn more and get started with Libby today!
Follow the steps below and you’ll have a library on your smart phone or tablet computer.
With the OverDrive Media Console App, you can download ePub eBooks and .mp3 Audiobooks directly to most Android, BlackBerry, Apple and Windows smartphones and tablets. You can find a complete list of compatible devices at http://www.overdrive.com/resources/drc/.
Step One-Create an Adobe account
You will need a free account with Adobe to read eBooks in the app. If you don’t have an Adobe account you can get one by going to http://adobe.ly/newadobeid, clicking ‘Don’t have an Adobe ID?’ and filling in the form.
Step Two-Download the OverDrive Media Console App
This is the app you will use to access our OverDrive collection directly from your mobile device.
- Search for ‘OverDrive Media Console’ in your app store or visit http://omc.overdrive.com and select your operating system – this will take you to the app in your device’s app store.
- Download, install and open the App.
- Open the ‘Home Menu’ by swiping from left to right.
- Tap ‘Settings’ then authorize your device with your Adobe ID and password, in the ‘Adobe Authorization’ section.
You are all set up and ready to find books! Close the settings by tapping on the right side of the screen.
Step Three-Find a book and download it
- Swipe from left to right to bring up the menu.
- Tap ‘Add a Library’.
- Search for ‘Clifton Forge’ in the search box and select ‘Blue Ridge Download Consortium’ from the list.
- Create a shortcut to our collection by ‘Starring’ the library.
- Select the library to go to our OverDrive collection.
- Browse or search for an eBook to read or an audiobook to listen to.
- Select ‘Borrow’ and enter your library card number when prompted.
- Download the book:
- For eBooks:
- Choose EPUB then ‘Confirm & Download’, the book will be downloaded directly to your device and you can read it in the app. It will be available in the ‘Bookshelf’ section of the app.
- Choose Kindle to complete the checkout on Amazon’s website and send the book to a Kindle device or Kindle reading app.
- Select Read to read the book in your internet browser.
- For Audiobooks:
- Select ‘Download’ to download the audiobook to the app. It will be available in the ‘Bookshelf’ section of the app in a few minutes.
Our OverDrive collection can be found at Blue Ridge Download Consortium
Need more help? Contact us at CFPL.